Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Renovation Pictures

I finally got the pictures from the house onto the computer, so here is a preview of what we've been doing!


We painted the walls in the master bedroom, including the closets. We went with a light gray/blue, and then added a darker blue "accent" wall toward the back of the bedroom. I don't have a pic of that being completed as of yet.



The windows we are painting white, and it is a long process to get all of the different parts, without getting paint on the glass, or the metal pieces. So far we've done a pretty good job of keeping it tidy!



The carpet is gone and the tack strips are up!! It's absolutely amazing! You can also kind of see the "accent" wall in the bedroom, but it looks a lot more purple in the pictures than it does in real life.



This whole space is completely different now, which is very exciting! Scroll down to see what can happen in about 20 mins with a hammer and some box cutters.



I've titled this "Scott's Pirate Pose Through the Kitchen Wall." I don't know why this pose makes me think "pirate," but it does! This is also the reason why the above picture is no longer an accurate representation of our living room/kitchen area. We busted right on through, and never looked back!



We had lots of help with the demolition of our wall from Tim and Rayna. They were such a big help, and it made for a great time!



This is what the wall looked like after I kicked out the last little bit at the bottom. It was quite exciting, and I wish we could do demo every day at the house!



Another favorite! The removal of the stinky gross fridge. It was so nasty, I don't know how people ever lived with it like that. We had to tape the doors shut, so they wouldn't pop open and have the smell knock out the boys.



Scott didn't really want to put the appliances out in the front yard, but with much pleading, he agreed to do it. I'm just glad they are out of the house! And they'll be headed to the junk yard soon enough.

I really feel like we are starting to get a lot accomplished. Last night Scott and Cameron removed the toilet from the upstairs bathroom, so tonight we'll get to paint! What color, I have no idea, but I'll guess I'll know tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaime,
    I am impressed with all the progress you and Scott and your friends have made. Thanks for all the pics. It makes me feel like I am there!

    ReplyDelete