Scott and I have been working hard on the house this last week, and we've had help from friends and family, which has been great. I do have pictures, but I don't have a memory card reader here at work, so I'll have to wait until I get home before I can put those up.
Here is a quick list of what we've done so far:
~ ripped out all of the carpet
~ pulled out staples and tack strips from the subfloor
~ painted the master bedroom including the closet
~ replaced the hot water heater
~ knocked out the drywall between the livingroom and kitchen
~ pulled up the tile and linoleum from the kitchen
~ removed the stove and the refrigerator (they were so gross)
~ removed all the fallen branches from the frontyard
~ collected all the fallen branches and wood from the backyard
It's been a long week, and there is so much more to do. Scott will be heading back over there tonight, hopefully to remove the toilet and primer the bathroom walls, so tomorrow we can paint, and install the new toilet. I know it doesn't sound all that exciting, but it means that I'm getting closer and closer to being able to move in!
To help me get closer to my goal, my mom, sisters, and grandmother will be coming this weekend to help me with cleaning, and painting and things of that nature. My big hope is that we'll get enough done that I can move in this Saturday evening. I have a lot of packing to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment