Scott and I closed on our house today! I am so excited that it is finally done, and there will be no more deadlines, no more scrambling for paperwork, no more chaos. Okay, maybe some chaos, but at least now Scott and I can go at our own pace to do what we want, and need to do with our home, and we don't have to worry about everybody else.
First thing we want to do? Rip out all the grungy, old carpet. I don't care if we have to walk on plywood for the next 6 months, it will be far better than what is currently down. My plan is to get some cheap rugs from somewhere, like TJ Maxx or Ross, and strategically place them around the house, so I'm not snagging my socks on plywood. I actually think it will be kind of fun.
I also want to tackle the bathrooms and the kitchen, but those will be really big projects, that will need lots of time and money and energy... things that Scott and I are still in the process of attaining. We are keeping focused though. We knew that the house wouldn't be finished overnight... shoot, it won't even be started overnight! But it will be worked on as we go, and soon it will be just another everyday part of our lives, and I am so very much looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment