Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So tired...

Pregnancy... who would have thought it would be so confusing? I figured it was one of those things that has been happening since the beginning of time, and if Adam and Eve could do it without any instruction, then it can't be all that hard. I mean, women in third world countries have babies all the time, and they do it without fancy equipment and drugs...

And yet, here I sit trying to make all of these decisions, and trying to plan the next six months of my life around a growing belly and a growing baby. It's hard. And really all I want to do is take a nap every couple of hours, drink water, eat lots of food, and think of baby names all day.

Which brings me to the horrors of work. It wasn't even a year ago that I was working hard at two jobs, and now trying to make it to one is slowly killing me. I am actually up a little later than I would like to be tonight, but generally I get over eight hours of sleep, and yet still wake up feeling like my brain is swathed in cotton. Not even a warm morning shower wakes me up anymore! By the time I get to work all I want to do is lay my head on my desk and get just a few more hours of sleep before I really have to start my day. Sadly, morning naps are not allowed, so I struggle through until lunch, which is when I try to decide if sleeping takes precedence over eating. I have yet to actually fall asleep at lunch, but I am often tempted.

The last four hours of the day are spent praying that I'll have enough energy to finish out my time at work, and that maybe, just maybe, I'll have enough energy that when I get home I'll be able to eat dinner and actually accomplish some household task... this week has been a HUGE failure in that department. I've pretty much resigned myself to living in squalor until the weekend, which is when I am hoping to regain some energy and maybe get something done around here (even of it just folding the clothes, ha).

Some good news though, other than the constant exhaustion, and the need to pee every 30 mins, this pregnancy has been amazing! I haven't had any morning sickness (except for one week where nothing sounded good, and the thought of some foods made me want to vomit), but I never did puke, and I am thankful for that. I am right now holding the record of only throwing up once in the last 14 years (yay me!) and I could really go the rest of my life without ever vomiting again, thank you very much.

So I'm counting my blessings and hoping that things continue to go well. I just need to remember that all of this is for something GREAT, and I am really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment