Friday, August 14, 2009

Laundry Room and Pemberville

To start my post I figured I should probably post the pictures of our laundry room. It's been done for a few weeks now, but we just recently found the camera, and I forgot to post this when I posted the pictures of the refrigerator.

We put in laminate floors, and brought over Scott's washer and dryer. It's so much more convenient to have them over at my house, and as luck would have it, the owner of Knollwood brought back over his washer and dryer, so now Scott has some at his house too, so he can do his own laundry, if he feels so compelled.

Here are two pictures of our somewhat renovated laundry room:



I really like the color of the floor, and I can't wait until we paint the walls to look a little more cohesive with it. But moving on from home renovation updates and on to more current events...

We are in Ohio for the weekend! We came mainly for the Pemberville Free Fair, which no matter how Scott tells it, was all my idea (the trip that is... not the actual fair!), thank you very much! We (meaning Scott, Tim, Rayna and myself) left from Lynchburg late Thursday night (11:00PM), and nine hours later (8:00AM) arrived in good ol' Pemberville, Ohio. Scott and I upon arriving each took quick naps, and then began our day of fun.

It started with a trip to Franklin Park, where we picked out the tuxes for Scott and his groomsmen, for the wedding. We also had my ring inspected and clean, which is always nice. It's so sparkly! We also looked around Bed, Bath and Beyond to see if we could find dinnerware that we liked for our registry... no luck. It is hard to find dishes and silverware that we like!

We then headed home and got ready for the fair. We walked the ten minutes to the fair ground, and got some lemonade and walked around taking in the sights. So much fun!

We then met up with Tim and Rayna and hung out with them for the rest of the evening. It was nice walking through all of the displays again, and getting ice cream and riding one of the rides that looked quite interesting (we'll ride some more tomorrow). Here are the pics I took of the ride:






I loved taking pictures of the fair after dark... it became such a different place! I got some great shots from on the ride looking down on all of the lights from the other rides.




My favorite part of the fair, of course, was all of the delicious food! There were so many places to choose from, with so much variety... there was even a place with chinese food!


There was so much to look at, and I couldn't help but keep on taking pictures...






When it was time to leave, we got some kettle corn (which by the way, will be served at the wedding, because it is so delicious) and we began our walk back home. Pemberville is such a peaceful, wonderful town, with quiet streets and nicely lit sidewalks.

Along the way I took some pictures of some classic Pemberville sites. Below are Beeker's General Store, and Eisenhour (it sells cars). I like being here where Scott grew up. I like to imagine what it must have been like to grow up in such a place... so unique!




I wish now that I had taken some pictures of the neighborhood walk home. It was such a lovely night, and I truly loved every minute of it!!

Well, I didn't get much sleep last night, so hopefully this post makes some sense, as I am very tired. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment