After the service we were standing out in the welcome center, and Masen spied that there was a meet and greet with the pastors in the gym, and there was a lovely little table of food. He was being quite coy about asking, but was definitely getting his point across, haha.
After church we had a quick lunch at Subway with my parents and then my mom and I were dropped off with Masen at a fun little place called Chuck E Cheese. Masen had been asking to go all weekend, so we thought we would indulge in his request. He has fun spending his tokens and winning tickets. He was so happy, and I enjoyed his special little treat as well :)
And to add to the indulgence, we want to Sweet Frog for some frozen yogurt. Masen always makes the most interesting combinations of yogurt and toppings, but he eats it, so I won't complain!
When we arrived back at the house we had the exhausting task of packing up to head back to Lynchburg. It was somewhat easier than normal though because we were bringing back the van (a gracious gift from my parents), so I didn't have to worry about how Scott was going to get it all to cram into the trunk of the car! Sweet relief! Haha :)
The trip home was uneventful, and thankfully the children slept most of the way. I spent a good portion of it dreaming how I am going to redecorate our house and the work I would like to do in the yard. It can be exhausting to think about these things so often (I slightly obsess on them quite regularly), but it gets me excited and motivated for our return!
No comments:
Post a Comment