Scott did way better than I did. He managed to run 9 minute miles, and finished the race in 27 mins 17 secs. He even came back for me near the end, and ran/walked the last almost half mile with me.
Sadly, we didn't win any prizes (I wasn't actually expecting too), but we did have a great time, and we got a t-shirt and some Chik-fil-A coupons for free chicken sandwiches, which I am very excited to use soon!!
It was wonderful to come home from being cold and wet and gross, to get a nice hot shower, and watch some of the parade with my nieces. My mom had out yummy Thanksgiving appetizers, and it was a warm and happy time.
Dinner was amazing, and I ate way more food than I really should have, but I'm okay with that. It's Thanksgiving, and that is what you are suppose to do.
Afterward we sat around and took pictures (sadly most of them were on my sister's new Canon Rebel TI, so I don't have them. Her camera is AMAZING! The below pics are what I managed to get with our aging camera...
The evening ended with a bonfire out in the parking lot, and we roasted marshmallows, and burned sticks. It was a good time.
I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a loving, happy family. I always get excited at the thought of coming home, and seeing my mom and dad, my sisters, my nieces, and my grandparents, and just everyone.
So now the debate is whether or not we go out in the morning to do some Black Friday holiday shopping.
Wish me luck as Scott tries to persuade me to wake up at the crack of dawn, haha!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
No comments:
Post a Comment