My life is busy. To help show this point, I'm going to quickly run through an average work day for you:
5:30am - Ramona (the cat) begins her morning parade around my bed. She will sit on me, cry in my face, scratch my bed, do pretty much whatever she can to wake me up. I usually push her off the bed, and wish that she would just please go away!
6:45am - Alarm clock goes off, for the first time... I hit the snooze button.
6:54am - Alarm clock goes off again... I hit the snooze button, again.
7:03am - Alarm clock is once again going off... hit the snooze button with more force this time.
7:12am - Alarm clock, once more, going off... I usually get up by this point and I'm running to get in the shower before it gets too much later.
7:30am - I'm somewhat ready for work by this time... at least the cat and fish are fed (hopefully). And now either Scott picks me up and takes me back to his house, cos I forgot something crucial there the day before, or I'm driving to Scott's house myself to get the crucial item... usually the crucial item of the morning are my shoes...
7:53am - Hopefully by this time I'm leaving Scott's house, with him in tow. It's now a mad dash to the school, where he so lovingly drops me off at the door, so I don't have to walk the quarter mile from the parking lot to the building.
8:00 to 8:10am - This is the time frame in which I usually clock in... I try to avoid anything after 8:05 though.
From this point on I'm checking the admission fax, processing transcripts, reading e-mail, checking Facebook and other peoples' blogs, etc...
The faxes and transcripts are basically all I have been doing workwise for the last few weeks. All the high schools are sending in the final transcripts for their graduating seniors, and we get about 200-300 a day. And by we, I mean another woman in my office, and myself (that's only two people). We are the primary processors of transcripts, and it can get pretty overwhelming sometimes. Thankfully there are other people who can help sometimes, which is great when they can, but their help isn't guaranteed. Thankfully the work always manages to get done...
9:00am - I can't forget to make a special mention for this time. This is when the mail comes. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to sort and open all of the mail that we get. My shoulder is about to pop out from all of the envelopes I rip into on a daily basis with my trusty letter opener.
10:00am - About this time I make sure to IM Scott and let him know just how starving I am! I also remind him of the fact that we forgot to buy breakfast food to keep in his office's refrigerator... again, and that this is the reason why I am so hungry!
11:15am to 12:15pm - Lunch time! Early, I know... but like I said, I'm starving at this point. Sometimes we eat in Scott's office, but usually we are running errands... bank, store, home, post office, all over!
12:15pm - Back to work with transcripts... I'm usually losing steam by this point. You would think that lunch would give me a renewed energy, but it is not so.
2:30pm - Every day around this time, I start to crave snacks. My brain is crashing, and all I want is some chocolate, or candy, or something sugary! Maybe a Milkyway, or a Snickers, or Skittles, or Starbursts. This is the time I miss Snack Shop from Camp the most...
4:00pm - The countdown to the end of the day (at Liberty at least) begins...
5:00pm - Time to leave, so I can get ready for Geek Squad!
5:15pm - Hopefully by this time we have arrived back at Scott's house and I am running upstairs to get changed into my Geek Squad uniform. Thankfully I don't have to wear the black pants and white-collar button up shirt with a tie like the other Agents do. I get to wear everyday khakis and a black Geek Squad polo. I like it much better!
5:24pm - Can't leave any later than this from Scott's, or I'll be late. This means there is usally little time for food, or to relax... I barely even get a chance to talk to Scott!
5:30pm - Clock in for another four hours of work... I spend my evening answering the phone, calling customers, researching "issues", closing service tags, helping set up new PCs, and all sorts of other things. It's a long and tiring night!
9:30pm - I'm hoping and praying that Scott is outside and ready to pick me up. If he isn't, then I walk to Barnes and Noble, which stays open until 10:00pm, and I browse through the books while I wait.
9:45pm - Dinner and TV (finally some relaxation).
10:30pm - Time to head home. Sometimes Scott drops me off, sometimes I drive myself. It all depends on how tired I am.
11:00pm - Hopefully by this point the cat is fed, and I am ready to go to bed, so I can start all over again in the morning!
Now mind you, this is only Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday that I live this way. Tuesday is basically the same, except I usually stay late at Liberty, and then have dinner, and run errands with Scott, and try to catch up on cleaning, and life in general. I always plan to go to bed early on Tuesdays, but usually by 9:00pm it's still light out, and I'm still awake running around town, and no where near ready for sleep!
Friday and the weekends are rarely even spent in Lynchburg. Scott and I are usually travelling home to Maryland (or sometimes Ohio), and when we do stay in Lynchburg, we spend all of our time trying to fix our house... it's exhausting.
And when we travel, we usually do a lot of the driving at night, so it's always me falling asleep in the car, and us arriving at our destination sometime after midnight. I don't even know how Scott does it!
So this is my life. Hopefully soon I can remove the Geek Squad side, and maybe I'll relax at some point in my week. I can't wait for that happen! Until then, I'm just going to have to keep my head up, and keep on keeping on...
No comments:
Post a Comment