So my big two biggest thoughts while I sit at work are currently based around what song Scott and I will dance to for our first dance, and what our cake will look like.
Here are some of the cakes that I have been looking at on-line:
I like the flowers on this one. The main flower of our wedding will be sunflowers, so this would fit in perfectly. I'm not a big fan of the icing job though... it's kind of plain and boring. I also don't like the big globs of icing around it either... it kind of grosses me out a bit for some reason.

The flowers on the below cake obviously won't work with our fall theme, but the piping is pretty. I know that Scott wants the piping, and I want it too, so I've been trying to find cakes with different designs. The design for this cake is a little more fancier than what I had been first imagining, but I like it...

This is a little more in line with what I thought the swirls would look like. They are fun and light, but I don't think I want brown on brown like that. I really like the black/brown on white, or maybe a cream, base. I also like the flowers on the top and sides, but I don't like the flowers on the bottom, and I don't like the cake stand... way too fancy looking.

This cake doesn't have any of the piping that we want, but it has a different decoration than all of the other flowery cakes I've been looking at. I like the autumn leaves look (we are even thinking of having the flower girls throw colorful leaves over flowers), but I think Scott is more into the fresh flower idea, and that is fine with me... it's just nice to know that we have other options. (*side note: I'm not a fan of the acorns... that's a little too fallish for me).

This cake here is lots and lots of fun, and it has chocolate covered strawberries on it! It looks delicious, and fun, and I like it, but I think I would like something a little prettier for the wedding... maybe a little more traditional (and I know, me and traditional usually aren't in the same sentence). Still, it's just another option to think about (and I like the swirls on the bottom layer!).

Another alternative to flowers... leaves and pumpkins. I don't want the cake to be too halloweeny, but there will be pumpkins as part of the centerpieces, and I think they are cute and fun. Obviously the icing is a little too "blah", but a pretty cake overall...

This cake has a nice blend of leaves and swirls. I don't really like the white icing for the piping, but it gives a good general idea.

And last, but not least, my take on a fun groom's cake. I love the funky feeling for this one. It does have the halloweeny feeling to it almost, but that is what makes it so great for a groom's cake! I don't know how Scott will feel about it, or if we are even having a groom's cake, but this was too cool to leave out.

Whew, this went longer than I was expecting, and I even left out some cakes! Sadly I don't have links to the pics, but I found most of them through a google image search.
I was going to add song choices to this post, but it's too long as is, and it's almsot time for convo, so I'll end here.
My vote is for the one with the fall leaves and white piping (next to last cake). But, is that the buttercream icing or that other stuff? I cannot tell...not that it matters to me. Anyway, that's my vote! Love ya Mom
ReplyDeleteI agree with your Mom. I also like the fondant(sp?) color of the one before.
ReplyDelete