Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Babies and Birth

It's Tuesday, which means tomorrow I gain another week onto my pregnancy! Only six more weeks after that for the baby to arrive, and they will be an exciting six weeks for sure...

There is just so much to be done, both around the house, and travelling wise. We still have the junk room to finish cleaning out, we have walls to paint, carpet to order and install, baby furniture to buy/receive, assemble, and place in the room, and so many little bits and pieces that need to be bought and cleaned, and put away!

On top of that we are going to be travelling to Maryland three more times in the next four weeks, so we aren't left with many weekends to get things done... I'm just hoping this little guy doesn't decide to come three weeks early, or we may not be ready, haha.

Overall I'm not too concerned... we have plans to get a lot accomplished this weekend, and I have a list of the "necessary" items that we must have, and we're almost there. And by necessary, I mean the bare minimums... just the things we need to get through the first week or two, so we aren't making a hundred trips to the store for stuff. It's not a big list, but I feel pretty confident with it. It mostly has diapers, clothes, bathing/grooming items, first aid kit, blankets, and things of that nature. It has really helped me to focus on what is the most important, because I was getting overwhelmed with all of the extras!

I also have a lot going on with doctor's appointments and birthing classes and hospital tours this week. I'm really excited about all of these because I have been thinking a lot lately on what labor and delivery are going to be like. I kind of have a birth plan made up in my head, so talking to my doctor on Thursday, and having the class this weekend should be a big help to me with pulling it all together. The main thing I know right now is that I want to go all natural, with no epidural, or drugs, or anything like that... unless of course it is medically necessary for me to have a c-section, in which case I will obviously take what they need to give me, and will be grateful for it, I am sure, haha.

And no, the going all natural isn't me trying to be "brave", or "tough", or anything like that. I just know that I want to experience it all. I want to have the freedom to get up and walk around if I want to. I want to know when it's time to push, not because the nurse/doctor told me to, but because I can feel it. I don't want to lose control of myself at such an important time. And if I really and truly find this birthing experience to be that horrendous, I can always opt for pain killers the next time around, haha. We plan on two more, so there will be plenty of time to take it easy, and pain free.

So now that I have vented a nice long post on babies and birth, I guess I should end my lunch, and get back to work...

Umbrellaaaaaaaaaaah

[Umbrellaaaaaaaaaaah]

No comments:

Post a Comment