Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Incubation Week 30

My littlest sister comes back to the 'burg this Saturday, and I can't wait to see her! It seems like forever ago that she was last here, so I'm really excited for her to be back. There had been a part of me at one time that thought Scott and I may not be here for her return, but now it would appear to be so. I'm kind of glad :)

Also, today marks week number 30 for me being a lil' critter incubator. We are so beyond excited for this little guy to come into the world! Thankfully we do have some time though, because although our hearts are ready, our home is not quite there yet, but we are working on it! I think this was the final shove that we needed to really get things moving along with our home renovations. Hopefully in the next few days we'll have the living room upstairs complete, and we'll begin the laborious task of cleaning out the "junk room", which will either be the baby's room, or Scott's and my room. I'm leaning more toward making it our room, and putting the baby where we are now, because I prefer the idea of having him on the backside of the house. It's quieter, and the window is higher off the ground, so I feel like it is safer for him... I know it's a bit paranoid to think that way, but I've never really liked the idea of children being at ground level. And truly it is the quieter room because it doesn't face the street (which also adds to the saftey), and so I won't have to worry as much about car and truck noises, because although we live at the end of the street, people come flying down toward that dead end like they still have miles of road before them!

But anyway... there is just so much to do, and so little time to do it all... I'm still excited though :) I truly believe that this is where God wants us right now, and that we are following His plan... I'm not sure what that plan is, but I am so excited to find out!

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you are already 30 weeks along. Time really does fly by, and trust me it will go even faster once the little guy arrives!

    ReplyDelete